What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until 2014 it was this

20302007689_768ef12915_b.jpg

26941196906_fbea17d6a2_b.jpg

Then I discovered the usefulness of a truck. Here's the current one:

49723973981_740e7377fd_b.jpg

49723439898_b9e9c84fa1_b.jpg

And as trivial as I really thought it was when I bought the truck, the little deployable bed step on the driver rear corner has been probably the best accessory I've ever had on a vehicle! Of course for Texas summers, the ventilated front seats help too!

Chevy Colorado bought specifically for diving. The thing I like about a pick up is that I can make a dive, throw all the wet, smelly dive gear in the back, and then hit the road. No dampness or smelly stuff in the vehicle!

I drive an silver Opel Omega stationwagon here in Germany, the 4 door version was sold as the Cadillac Catera in the USA.
When I get to Florida, I'll buy a used silver or white minivan with 4 seats (Chrysler Town n Country?).

Can't understand everybody's love for a black or dark colored divemobile in Florida. In the summer sun a cigarette will self-ingnite if left on the dash and cooling a dark car off with a CO2 extinguisher ends up cracking the windshield.:(

Michael

Can't understand everybody's love for a black or dark colored divemobile in Florida. In the summer sun a cigarette will self-ingnite if left on the dash and cooling a dark car off with a CO2 extinguisher ends up cracking the windshield.:(
Michael
more manly? :)

Well, according to my wife, I drive her crazy. Its not much of a drive, she could walk it.

Mine's a grey market 1984 Mercedes 500SL. My gear fits perfectly in the trunk. Been using it for beach dives for decades. :)

aHjM0E.jpg

Well for me the ocean is 3 hours away and I went every week, my preferred dive vehicle is my wife’s old Toyota Prius, it easier to load and dive from the BAT (big ass truck) the quad cab ram 3/4 ton but the BAT gets 15 mpg and the Prius 42 mpg and holds all the crap needed for two cold water drysuit divers.

Which Prius model do you have and suggest?

Back
Top Bottom