What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2020-4-1_19-5-33.jpeg

good on gas, can store a lot of gear. Can cross shallow reef...ooohhh...you meant what do you drive on LAND.....oops....

You are setting the bar really high :) :)

Don't get too excited, its a 36 year old car. :) But I do love it!

hsxcVB.jpg

Which Prius model do you have and suggest?
Mine is a 2010 standard, a “V” would have been my choice if I were hunting for one but they are really hard to find, mainly because the owners won’t give them up, my wife bought a 2017 or 18 on a short vacation last summer so I get to use the beater. There are some good deals when gas prices are low and nowadays just showing up willing to buy will probably get you an amazing deal.

Can't understand everybody's love for a black or dark colored divemobile in Florida. In the summer sun a cigarette will self-ingnite if left on the dash and cooling a dark car off with a CO2 extinguisher ends up cracking the windshield.:(

Michael

We have these things in Florida called garages . . . and tinted windows . . . and shade trees, which you'll learn to park under with the windows cracked open a bit even with your white minivan.

In the tropical sun, it really doesn't matter what color your car is. Your car is going to get hot if exposed to the summer sun. You'll find that seat material matters more than car color.

Yeah, but there is a difference between light colored car with light upolstery in the hot sun and the vinyl cracking heat of a dark car.

Michael

Unfortunately, my new home in Lake City only has one double garage and that's for all my dive gear. Whatever car I buy is going to have to stay outside, although I could put a roof up to provide shade over the driveway.

Michael

Black 2020 Chevy Silverado RST Texas Edition

Yeah, but there is a difference between light colored car with light upolstery in the hot sun and the vinyl cracking heat of a dark car.

Michael

By comparing "light upholstery" to the "vinyl cracking heat of a dark car," you sort of acknowledged my point about seat material mattering more than color.

I have a dark blue truck with light tan leather seats and tinted windows. It does just fine, and I'm further south than you'll be.

Back
Top Bottom