What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Did you buy your last vehicle so you could comfortably carry your dive gear? What is your favorite dive car? Share pictures if you’d like!

Vans and big SUVs are great of course, but I’m looking for something on the smaller side. Recommendations are good too!

Mitsubishi L200 (pickup with a cover over the trunk box). Great offroad, powerful Diesel engine, automatic transmission with three differentials, 5 seats in the cabin, ample trunk space.
But of course I did not buy it, I just rented it for 4 years. Much cheaper annual cost...

We did a trade in for our current Dodge Grand Caravan--mainly for carrying stuff South for when we "snowbird". But it is great for diving (there or locally). Gear up from the trunk & walk in the water.

Whatever it takes....
upload_2020-2-29_18-59-51.jpeg

I have a Toyota Highlander. It works great for scuba but I don’t really dive locally anyway. I also have 2 motos but just sold 1 last week. Those are horrible for carrying anything. :wink:

you may want to look at a Subaru Impreza/Outback/Forester if you don’t want a full van or large SUV. Mr OOO has an Outback. Crossover hatchback i guess? Impreza is the smaller of the 3 and you can fold seats down. Mazda CX-5 would be good as well.

Toyota 4Runner. I have gotten packing it for FL trips down to a science. Every inch is occupied by something. Recently, my wife and I switched to doubles that are just a couple of inches longer than our previous sets, and I wish the space were just a couple of inches longer.

2002 Toyota Tacoma pick up 4x4 with camper shell and custom made kayak rack. 272K miles on it so far. I plan to put a million on it. A few engines, a few paint jobs, assorted parts, whatever it takes. The model is perfect, last if the old school style with steel bed. I don’t like the new ones, and can’t think of another brand pick up I’d want. It’s getting older but so am I, who cares. It’s still my favorite vehicle of all time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom