What do you do on deco?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I typically chat back and forth on wet notes. Resting my eyes seems to pass the time quickly too. Watching the bottom timer will make it seem like an eternity.

That is not an eternity. An eternity is when your instructor takes you mask in cold water during your ascent, and you have to do that long, long decompression with your eyes closed. You will be grateful for the opportunity to see that bottom timer, believe me.:D

Kick or scooter towards the upline, usually.

In Mexico, in some Cenotes, we feed the fishes with fruits that have fallen from the surrounding trees. In the St-Lawrence river we just look at the passing particulates.

Don't a number of trimix computers have games on them that you can play during deco?

Strike one against ratio deco...

On most NC offshore wreck dives, hang on for dear life. In FL caves, take a nap. In MX or DR caves, explore the basin checking out fossils and whatnot. In carribean spots, drift deco on the reef looking at the fishes. If I get really bored, I just see how badly I can f with my buddy; pile rocks on the back of their doubles and watch them get annoyed with their bouyancy, tie them to something with a jump spool, that sort of thing.

I just see how badly I can f with my buddy; pile rocks on the back of their doubles and watch them get annoyed with their bouyancy, tie them to something with a jump spool, that sort of thing.

Hmmmm. Let me be sure to take some notes in case we ever dive together.

I mostly just zen out ... it's a good time to kick back and catch up on my relaxing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:D bring your rear view mirror!

When I was in Fiji I dived with a group of New Zealand instructors and shop owners on holiday. One of them was very overweight and a hoover. He would sneak up behind divers, reach around, gently pull of their octos, and breathe their air for a while, looking like an airplane midair refueling operation. He was really good at it. I never saw him get caught, at least until he was done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom