What do you consider cold?

What do you consider "cold"?

• Not until you need tools to get to it.

Votes: 65 20.7%
  • 40F

Votes: 92 29.3%
  • 50F

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • 60F

Votes: 51 16.2%
  • 70F

Votes: 39 12.4%
  • 80F

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 98.6F

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oohh - Ice Diving - Way too cold for me

- count me into the CAD divers - I voted 30 degrees warmer, just because the local waters pass through that point real fast on the way to too cold!

40 degs and below and things start to feel "chilly". After exposed areas of your face go numb, its not so bad. My coldest is 34, but 40 and under doesn't stop me - sometimes you need that nit. fix! :nixon:

Dove lake of the ozarks last weekend, water temp was 46 air temp was 65, visibility SUCKED ,was wearing 5mm john\jacket. 1mm glove and 3mm boots kinda cool at first but after the first five minutes it was nice and comfortable.
At least i got the chance to get wet.

SCUBADDAWG

P.S
GET WET OR GO HOME!!

i would suppose you could dive with tthe iceburgs and stuff in new found land and labrador i know the pass there all the time and on bottem it is even scarred from the ice dgagging the bottem .
BTW the water temp here is 43 deg f today,
the water is warming up fast in southern Nova Scotia
and the AOW is comming too in june cant wait .

Originally posted by Bob3
Freshwater can also get down to 28°f if it .... has a lot of sewage in it...:eek:
Ugh, doesn't sound fresh to me.

:puke:

COLD IS ANYTHING BELOW 80 DEGREES.........OF COURSE SINCE I LIVE IN KY. I'M ALWAYS COLD...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom