What do you consider cold?

What do you consider "cold"?

• Not until you need tools to get to it.

Votes: 65 20.7%
  • 40F

Votes: 92 29.3%
  • 50F

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • 60F

Votes: 51 16.2%
  • 70F

Votes: 39 12.4%
  • 80F

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 98.6F

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive all year. The only question is wether or not I need my chain saw. If it is to nasty outside (air temp/wind) I might skip it.

I consider cold water to start at 40F and less. You know when you hit a 40F thermocline. It's get's your attention pretty good.

:)

Mike

I hate to admit it, but I am a wuss.

Cold for me would be below 70.

I was just in New Zealand, and while I didn't get to do any diving, I did a few water based activities where I needed to put on a wetsuit (white water rafting, caving, etc.) - the water was cold, but far worse than the water temperature was the incredible struggle in putting on the 5 mil wetsuit. I scraped a couple knuckles raw trying to pull up those things - and I felt like the Michelin man after.

The water I usually dive in is 50 degrees year round. If the water drops below 40 I consider that cold.

Scott

anything I need a wetsuit for is cold. won't stop me from diving. but its cold

When you can walk on the top, then it is cold. Anything that is thawn out is ok.

Later, Hawk.

Below 50F is cold, but I won't let that stop me. Haven't been below 40F yet, but that's because I haven't been anywhere it's interesting and between 40F and ice.

BTW, what's the lowest water temp you can dive in? 31F for sure; how about 28F?

Sea water can get that cold. I'm not particulary interested in going on vacation to see how it feels though :D.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom