What do I have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primdrumma

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is just my second post so be patient. I'll try to give all pertinent info that I can. A few years ago (maybe 2000 or 2001) I aquired a regulator from a friend. No it's not stollen if that's what you're thinking, just a very good deal. I just wanted to know what I have here. I know it's an Oceanic Delta but that's about all, what models of the delta did they make? I know now they're up to like a 4 or 5, but considering it was used when I got it that long. It is completely black and has the Delta triangle in the middle as the purge button. Is there such thing as a Delta I or is Delta II the first model? I haven't used it in a couple years and would like to sound knowledgeable when I show up to my lds for service.
Thanks,
Tim

Thanks for the quick response Doug!
I noticed your post earlier in the manufacturer manufacturer section, it's good to see you out there supporting your company! What is the difference between the original Delta and what I have? Is there a website that has pics or info about it?

I don't have any digital images of the original - it was solid black, with yellow and orange front covers available for octos. The most significant difference is a patented feature called "Dynamic Adjustment", which is still in use with the current version (Delta 4).

With the original Delta, and other adjustable second stages is that divers find themselves twisting and turning the knob as they descend and ascend through the depths. If inhalation resistance is set near zero at depth, your ascent would require you to manually increase resistance as ambient water pressure is reduced to prevent free-flow. Dynamic Adjustment is a mechanically balanced valve which maintains a preferred breathing resistance throughout the dive. Set it once and the Delta (2-4) automatically adjusts to make breathing as easy at 100 feet as it is at 30 feet - with no additional manual adjustment.

The purge button on the Delta 2 is integrated into the front cover, meaning it is more accessible with gloves, and unlikely to be affected by sand and other contaminants. It is also significantly lighter than the original.

You won't have any difficulties getting it serviced, the standard replacement parts are the same as those used in the current production model.

Enjoy it, and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom