What diving have you not gotten around to doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quadra Island.

Every time I head that direction I only get as far as Pt. Hudson, or maybe Keystone.

La Jolla Cove... I dive at the Shores all the time, but I've been waiting for an opportunity to go to the Cove with someone who knows the site.

The back side of Catalina... Waiting for favorable conditions to line up with an opportunity to be out there.

Los Coronados... I haven't been in years, and the political situation in Mexico prohibits it for now.

Other than those, my local aspirations are all coming together for the short term. I have multiple trips to the oil rigs and Catalina lined up for the spring, just got to San Clemente Island for the first time a few weekends ago, and am starting my DM course (got a job offer on a local boat) next week.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tcanu5

I'd just like to get out more!

I went diving with the Sea Lions at Norris Rocks on my 50th and would love to do it again. There just seems to be other things to do around the best time for it....like trips with my wife.

Bill

Just to steal a phase from "Both side now"....so many things I would had done BUT.......
I am looking forward to my next diving trip rather than those I couldn't get round to it.
Stay positive. We only live once and enjoy it.

I guess the one for me is Devil's Throat.It has beckoned me for a few years.

I am fortunate to dive Coz somewhat frequently.

But I want my ears and everything else to be operating flawlessly before I dive it.

Has yet to happen!

My intent here really wasn't the "dream dive" kind of thing, but what reasonably accessible dives have you not done, because you just can't seem to get it together to do them, or circumstances intervene, or you just think it's too far to go -- that sort of thing.

In that case, I've done them all. Carter Lake (depth 15-20 feet), Chatfield Reservoir (21 feet), and Aurora Reservoir (35 feet, with a sunken Cessna!). Yes, I have completed the Colorado Trifecta!

I've dived almost all the spots in the Halifax area (St.Margarets Bay) and every possible site close to home on the Eastern Shore. There are still 2 deep shore dives in St. Margarets I haven't done, as my regular buddy has been out of diving a while and I try not to go much below 30' solo. Trips: I've only been to one place (Panama) where shell collecting is both legal and there is an op that allows it. There are a grand total of 3-4 other such places in the Caribbean I hope to get to when the money allows. Still some parts of the Great Barrier Reef fit the profile, but that's even more money.

Last edited:
I finally found the UB88 two years ago after many years of searching. I dived it a month later, shooting video in poor conditions. I shared the coordinates with the local tech community and a few dive boats. A few divers have gotten decent video from the site since then. One in particular had great vis. I've been wanting to return to the wreck to get some wide angle stills. I finally figured out my camera enough to get some shots, but conditions have sucked. The sub is about twenty miles from my slip and sits in 180-190'. I went back two weeks ago and had less than five feet vis. I'm hoping someone will dive it and report good conditions at a time when I can drop everything and get out there. My buddy Jeff wants to drop his GoPro with two lights down to the wreck and pull it back up so I can see the conditions before I waste a full set of doubles again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom