What diving have you not gotten around to doing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, I went out to Hood Canal with a friend, to dive off a boat out there. It's about an hour and a half in transit, if you don't have to wait for ferries. We had a wonderful time, and my friend observed, "You know, it's really not all that far out here." I agreed, and both of us were a bit bemused that we had not made the effort to go out there and dive before (or for me, more often).

I can think of a number of dives I'd like to do in our area, but just haven't gotten around to . . . there's a jetty out on the Olympic Peninsula which is a friend's very favorite dive; there is a boat dive off Victoria that I've been thinking about for several years.

So, what diving haven't YOU gotten around to, and what's kept you from getting it done?

Like Jim, anything to blow bubbles. But for me it's more making sure my medical issues are all taken care of, and then money. Also, to dive out of Jax for Salt you very much need an AOW or to get in great with people who have a boat.

But sans that aspect, my list of "would love to dive"

Truk Lagoon
Bikini Atoll
Actually head to PNW and dive with Grateful, TSandM and that group because I know it will be both a fun and informative dive.
Vandenburg and the Ships on the Keys

Last edited:
Eagles Nest. What is stopping me? Not having Trimix cert because the Army keeps sending me all over the damn place. grrrr. lol.

Although I've been fortunate and had the opportunity to dive around the world, there are still several places that are on my 'bucket-list'....And like others it's been career that has been the nuisance/impediment.....Diving is the passion, career the necessary evil to indulge it......;P !!!!!

The caves in Mexico ... what's kept me away so far is that my dive buddy and training choices have so far been in Florida. I hope to make it to MX later this year.

Duncan Rock ... tried five times ... bailed all five for one reason or another.

The Diamond Knot ... on a good day. Again, attempted multiple times. Finally did it once ... solo ... and both vis and current were awful.

Monterey ... it's been seven years, and that's way too long. Mostly due to time and money limitations ... and so many other plans and places ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The caves in Mexico--getting some people together
The Oriskany--tried three times and had bad weather three times. I think I am giving up.
The Britannic--lack of time, money, and skill

For me:

Georgian Bay (doing this July - deposits put down)
A few deep(er) wrecks on Lake Erie - signed up for 1

seems to be some progress being made. I've given up on my buddy, and just doing the Insta-Buddy, or hoping to meet some new folks with some classwork. Check in with me through the season to see how it goes....

A couple opportunities here are limited to a "Master Diver" certification. Tired of the limitations, so I am enrolling to comply....

looks like a busy summer if it goes well

[-]For my family:

return to Bonaire - what is holding me back? Getting my daughter certified.....[/-]

Last edited:
My intent here really wasn't the "dream dive" kind of thing, but what reasonably accessible dives have you not done, because you just can't seem to get it together to do them, or circumstances intervene, or you just think it's too far to go -- that sort of thing. I have a whole LIST of places to go and dives to do that involve long trips or high expense -- I totally understand why people don't get THOSE dives done!

My intent here really wasn't the "dream dive" kind of thing, but what reasonably accessible dives have you not done, because you just can't seem to get it together to do them, or circumstances intervene, or you just think it's too far to go -- that sort of thing. I have a whole LIST of places to go and dives to do that involve long trips or high expense -- I totally understand why people don't get THOSE dives done!

well aside from the "dream" for my family, its all in my back yard...:confused4:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom