What dive op do you use...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Brandt:
I am really supprised no one on here has mentioned Dive Cozumel and the Yellow Rose.

Ron

Me too Ron.

But I always dive with Christi and when you dive with the best no need to mention the rest.

Hello,

I just returned from diving with Blue XT Sea on Cozumel. I have dove with other ops on Cozumel, but my experience with Blue XT Sea was superior to the others. They do an excellent job in all areas. Christi and her team exceeded my expectations.

I would recommend them without a doubt!!

Jimi

Personally, I've been diving with Dive Paradise since Tom Hartdegan was still walking around (and, actually, before it was 'officially' christened Dive Paradise). The operation only got much better and more professional under Apple, and so I continue on with them and also because of the consideration and special treatment I get being a long-time customer and instructor that has brought groups.

That being said, even if I was not a long-time customer I would pick Dive Paradise for several reasons: first of which is the fast boats, which remember YOU pay extra for that, and their reliability and safety practices.

That (also) being said, you will find (usually) that as many divers you have talking about it is the number of good dive operations mentioned in Cozumel. Some are better than others, but the point is the any one will get you in the water. We have all heard good things about several of the ops mentioned in this thread, and some have had personal experiences that range from good to absolutely wonderful.

Used to be that you got on a boat and got in the water. Nowadays it seems like everyone has an additional 'set of requirements:' I am indifferent to all of that. My big questions are reliability and safety - is that boat going out, going out on time and is the crew professional and safety oriented. After that, it's what I make of it.

I do believe that some of the operators mentioned in this thread have gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service (ie, Christi and Dive with Martin, not to exempt any others mentioned, but those are just two of the ones that I remember were mentioned that I consistently hear go above and beyond to provide excellent service), and that's just a great thing...customer service being so important nowadays...

Personally, I would never say that one dive operation was BETTER or MORE PROFESSIONAL or {insert whatever here} as compared to ALL THE OTHERS, specifically since I have not (dove, dived, diven?) with ALL THE OTHERS, so I really can't make an accurate personal comparison. After that, it's impossible to then make the comparison, specifically because everyone's requirements are so different.

I like to be left alone - don't even ask me if I want water - I bring my own stuff - and don't YOU DARE TOUCH MY EQUIPMENT - other people want service up to and including being lifted onto the boat -- to each their own. Funny thing is, knowing how I am, I would be very negative about any dive operation that is too touchy feely with my diving, where someone else thinks thats the best thing since toast...get it?

...anyway...that's my 150psi...

gratefuljames:
Personally, I would never say that one dive operation was BETTER or MORE PROFESSIONAL or {insert whatever here} as compared to ALL THE OTHERS, specifically since I have not (dove, dived, diven?) with ALL THE OTHERS, so I really can't make an accurate personal comparison. After that, it's impossible to then make the comparison, specifically because everyone's requirements are so different.

I like to be left alone - don't even ask me if I want water - I bring my own stuff - and don't YOU DARE TOUCH MY EQUIPMENT - other people want service up to and including being lifted onto the boat -- to each their own. Funny thing is, knowing how I am, I would be very negative about any dive operation that is too touchy feely with my diving, where someone else thinks thats the best thing since toast...get it?

...anyway...that's my 150psi...

I definitely agree with all of that. I have dived with Aldora, Papa Hogs, Dive Paradise, Deep Blue, and Equalizers. They all provide similar services and take you to the same sites. I think it really comes down to finding an op that fits you personally. Each time my wife and I go we visit other shops and try to get to know people. On our last trip we dove with Deep Blue and really loved their dive master, Sandro.

Although, I haven't dived with her op, Christi at Blue XT Sea is a real sweetheart and very helpful. So you should at least stop by her shop and say howdy since you are from Scubaboard.

On my two trip to Cozumel, I used Dive House since we were staying at the FA. It was really convenient having the dive shop w/ lockers at the pier next to where we ate breakfast everyday.

It's a cattle boat operation, the first time I was in Coz, we had 3 different DMs over 5 days and folks were arguing over where we were going to dive with one of the DMs that didn't want to take us there. The next year, we had a group of 8, so we had our own boat for the week with the same crew and DM. It was great, as we got to go where we wanted, when we wanted. The DM, Francisco, kept joking with us to try and keep our dives around an hour since he had kids to go home to.

I did a night dive with Christ's Blue XT Sea while I was there. Had a nice little chat with Christi in her office when I dropped off some gifts from a buddy of mine who was a previous customer of hers, then booked the night dive on a whim. The boat was great, really fast. I didn't like her DM Javier at all, I found him pompous and arrogant. When I do make it to Coz again, I will not hesitate to book with Christi's op, but only if Javier is not my DM.

I really liked Dive With Martin! Small, individualized type operation. David was an excellent dive guide.

melfox26:
On my two trip to Cozumel, I used Dive House since we were staying at the FA. It was really convenient having the dive shop w/ lockers at the pier next to where we ate breakfast everyday.

It's a cattle boat operation, the first time I was in Coz, we had 3 different DMs over 5 days and folks were arguing over where we were going to dive with one of the DMs that didn't want to take us there. The next year, we had a group of 8, so we had our own boat for the week with the same crew and DM. It was great, as we got to go where we wanted, when we wanted. The DM, Francisco, kept joking with us to try and keep our dives around an hour since he had kids to go home to.

I did a night dive with Christ's Blue XT Sea while I was there. Had a nice little chat with Christi in her office when I dropped off some gifts from a buddy of mine who was a previous customer of hers, then booked the night dive on a whim. The boat was great, really fast. I didn't like her DM Javier at all, I found him pompous and arrogant. When I do make it to Coz again, I will not hesitate to book with Christi's op, but only if Javier is not my DM.

Mel,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Javier. I had no idea you weren't happy. I get great feedback on him. Regardless, thanks for keeping me on your list and I'll keep this in mind if you book with us in the future.

I dive with scuba with alision just because she has a cool personality and is a lot of fun....

hdiaz:
..... With so much good food in Cozumel it makes no sense to stay at an "All Inclusive" hotel.
Hector

I agree 100%, but there are plenty of people that love "All Inclusives" and the "all you can eat buffet" and not having to wait to eat or be served.

Wow !

Not only do I get to see the reefs grow back for the rest of my life (hopefully), I get to try all of these different dive ops too! I can't wait. Cozumel...seems like no matter where you go to eat, stay or dive...it's all good !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom