What dive computer should I get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm an Oceanic fan.

Can you explain further:
- What are the cost you have seen that make the DG03 cheaper?
- how do you assess the quality to be higher?
- what features does the DG03 have that make it more useful if you should get into slightly more advanced diving later?

It is always good to back such statements with some fact, then we can all see if that is a reasonable judgement.

I wrote cheap, not cheaper. It's around 200 € right now, which is alright, and within the price range of the OP. Main draw for me would be the ability to switch between three gases up to 100% O2 during the dive, which my Puck can't do. As for quality, it seems to get consistently good reviews.

But again, I think OP will be happy with almost any entry level dive computer.

Dude, to get chicks. Oops sorry divulged a great diving secret.

Yeah, because chicks dig guys wearing cheap, black, plastic, digital watches.

:d

---------- Post added November 9th, 2014 at 09:21 AM ----------

i am diving

If you're diving... you don't care what you look like.
If you're not diving... you don't need a dive computer.

:d

This one does not show your no decompression limits, nor does it track your nitrogen levels during the surface interval. You could only use it together with dive tables. I think you would be best off with a dive computer, unless you plan to dive by tables.

Dude, to get chicks. Oops sorry divulged a great diving secret.

That's what Rolexes and Omegas are for.

---------- Post added November 9th, 2014 at 08:58 PM ----------

Here ya go. Being introduced at DEMA and will take you through deep, deco, Trimix and rebreather diving.
H3

Commercial here
https://www.facebook.com/seabear.diving

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Interesting...looks like SW might have some competition. That GPS thing looks interesting for long range open ocean scootering...

Back
Top Bottom