What Cussler book should I start with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

espiritu:
I am off on a 10 day dive trip and want some good recreational (scuba related) reading. Based on other threads, I have decised on something by Clive Cussler (fictional as I have already read his NUMA non-fiction)

I went to the book store and became confused as there are so many Cussler fiction books.

Which one or two books would be the best to start with?

Thanks!

I've posted the stuff below on another thread, so I hope I'm not repeating myself...

I've been a fan of Cussler's for many many years, but to be honest have sort of fallen out of love with them over the course of the past ten years or so.

And so began a personal endeavour to write a series of novels that would fill the voids left when reading action / adventure novels.

My first of these novels, Out Of Hell's Kitchen, was published in Sept of 06 and has been very well received. To quote a recent review in Diver magazine...

Out Of Hell's Kitchen by John H Hanzl is a recently released underwater thriller in the spirit of Clive Cussler... The main character has all the tools of a Dirk Pit in training... Out Of Hell's Kitchen is an easy read and holds appeal for those interested in underwater thrillers.

It's also been well received by folks from Scubaboard. Some of the comments about the book can be found on the book's thread here...

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=161620&page=3

Anyway - I of course recommend it to anyone interested in Clive Cussler-style stories and would always welcome any feedback.

And since I intend on making the central characters live on in a series, I include the first chapter of the follow-up novel, Into the Devil's Throat, at the end of Out Of Hell's Kitchen and hope to send it into the world sometime this year.

The Boston Globe will run a piece about me and the book in this Sunday's paper (02-25-07), though I have no idea what it'll say. All I know is that they sent a photog in to the aquarium to snap a few pics of me feeding the critters last week, so at least the article can't be too boring.

John

Back
Top Bottom