What Computer ?SPG setup and System ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thnak you . Suunto on hand or Console ? what do you think more practical?
Personal preference. Some like console, some like wrist. I’ve used both, but my current computer is wrist, and I can’t see myself going back to a console.

Definitely have a look at the Peregrine. It’s certainly not the cheapest dive computer out there, but when you start to compare by features, it’s competitive. Easy to use, and Shearwater offers great support.

Carry mine on my wrist. I used to have a three unit console, but I found the extra mass caused the O-rings on the swivel to fail.

make sense ... thank you so much

This more likely is one O-ring leaked which occurs with all spgs eventually Nisso13
the main contributing factor being a used past servicing issue

Enjoy your diving whatever you choose

This more likely is one O-ring leaked which occurs with all spgs eventually Nisso13

The extra nearly 1Kg of mass (computer, compass and the three-housing console) created lateral strain on the swivel that I had to service it monthly. Once I removed the console I went back to an annual service.

Thank you so much . truthfully, its actually fun doing the research and buying your gear. i am so excited to start diving with my new gear and create nice videos to introduce to my grandkids the love of the ocean and the life in it

Nothing wrong with Suunto. SB is biased.

To be fair, SB users are biased. But that's just normal human behavior.

Divers like their computers. A majority of divers do not have Suunto computers. So that majority will always tell you how much better their computer is than a Suunto.

Suunto is a little quirky, but that could be because they're a Finnish company and Americans see the world a little differently than your average Finn.

My family has seven Suunto computers between us: two D4's, two D6's and three Zoops. We have never had a single problem with any of them. Our D4's are the oldest... bought them in 2007. I've changed the battery on my old D4 every couple years (yes, I do it myself...) and it has performed flawlessly. It just spent an hour underwater with me a couple days ago.

Suuntos have a reputation for being too conservative, but I have rarely felt that the Suunto algorithm was cutting my dive short. My D4 doesn't scream at me (okay, I set all alarms to "off"...) but I pay attention to its advice. If it tells me I have to end a dive, but I want to dive more, I don't argue with it. I end the dive, take a surface interval, and then go for another dive.

They're the only computer I've ever used and I've never had a DCS incident. Neither has anyone in my family. Many years, a couple thousand dives.

Are there "better" computers? Depends on your priorities. I just need something to keep track of my time and depth. And I need it to work reliably. My Suuntos get it done.

My two cents.

Thnak you . Suunto on hand or Console ? what do you think more practical?

I'd recommend wrist, not console.

Sometimes I bring all my gear with me when I travel for diving, but sometimes I leave my reg and BCD at home if the shop I'm diving with has those covered. Travelling light... mask, fins, wrist computer, wetsuit... isn't an option if your computer is part of your console.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom