What computer or gauge have "second" displayed for dive time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am using Oceanic VT pro (Aeris Atmos Elite) AI computer. It is a good computer. The only issue is it doesnt display seconds unless it detects I am in safety stop. And this only happens if I am using it in dive computer mode. I want something display seconds in dive time in all modes, particularly in gauge mode. I use it to track my ascent rate. So far, I have seen Aladin Tec 2G and Suunto Vyper, but they are kind of expansive for what I want. What other option do I have?

Casio watch on the other wrist. (That's what I do.)

Casio watch on the other wrist. (That's what I do.)

Any specific model which I can operate with 5mm+ glove? Basically one with start/stop buttom on top of the watch instead of the side.

Any specific model which I can operate with 5mm+ glove? Basically one with start/stop buttom on top of the watch instead of the side.

I've got a G-Shock that has big buttons on the side that I have no problems with, but I only use 3mm gloves.

All of my Suunto dive computers have ascent rate indicators. Doesn't your computer have one?
Mine is a graphical display. Different numbers of "segments" correlate with an ascent rate range (approx. 6-7 ft./min.). It's good enough for the type of diving I do.

It can be useful to have a watch with a seconds indicator if you care to conduct more precise ascents, e.g., rolling 10 ft. stops.

Here's a Casio G-shock for $40 on Amazon. Two nice features that this watch has are: (1) the radio-controlled automatic time-setting feature and (2) the solar-powered battery. You won't have to replace any batteries. It's rated to be "water resistant" to 660 ft. That should be good enough to be used as a dive watch.

If you're wearing a thick wetsuit or drysuit, the stock watch band will likely not be long enough to fit on your wrist. You'll either have to attach it to some other piece of gear where it can be easily read or replace the band with one of those Zulu straps.

Last edited:
Liquivision Xen ($499) displays seconds the whole dive. Also the X1 and Xeo but they are more expensive.

It is hard to find any computer that displays seconds.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

All of my Suunto dive computers have ascent rate indicators. Doesn't your computer have one?
Mine is a graphical display. Different numbers of "segments" correlate with an ascent rate range (approx. 6-7 ft./min.). It's good enough for the type of diving I do.

It can be useful to have a watch with a seconds indicator if you care to conduct more precise ascents, e.g., rolling 10 ft. stops.

Here's a Casio G-shock for $40 on Amazon. Two nice features that this watch has are: (1) the radio-controlled automatic time-setting feature and (2) the solar-powered battery. You won't have to replace any batteries. It's rated to be "water resistant" to 660 ft. That should be good enough to be used as a dive watch.

If you're wearing a thick wetsuit or drysuit, the stock watch band will likely not be long enough to fit on your wrist. You'll either have to attach it to some other piece of gear where it can be easily read or replace the band with one of those Zulu straps.

Yes, my computer has the ascent rate indicator bar. But I do want to see how precise I can get. The Gshork is nice. Not too expansive either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom