What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Computer- other. My 'computer' comes in three parts:

*a Shark water proof watch with a chrometer
*dive tables
*grey matter between ears

Looking for a real computer, that's why I find myself in this forum.

oh and like my 'computer' fine

I dive a Cochran Gemini+ Nitrox...Love it. i wouldn't change for anything, well maybe when i change to Trimix...then the OMS VR3 or the abysmal...till then though i will be diving my Cochran. for a backup i use a cochran Commander. I gave about 600 for mine with the software/ PC interface. it is a hoseless wrist mount, but i have mine mounted on a retractor connected to my BC.

www.divecochran.com

i think that this site will actually make you think about the computer you have now....again, just my .02

Narced_1 :jester:

everytime I'm diving at Red sea, I'm asked "where is your computer". I'm pointing to my head, answering 'here'. in fact, you can make it even withouh watch. manometer is far enough ;-) computers spoil the fun :p (please, dont show this message to my students :wink:

Cochran Commander.
Very happy with it but the PC interface could be improved and the software tweeked.
Wrist mounted.
Bought it at the LDS and paid around $850 Can. for the whole package. I shopped around and this was the cheapest out of all the LDS's near me.

I have the Suunto air integrated Cobra console and the wrist mounted Suunto Vyper. Am very happy with both of them and they use the same PC interface.

What computer do you own? I own 3 Sunto solution (that I never use) an Oceanic data sport (air Only) and Genesis Nitrox resource
Are you happy with it? Love the Genesis Use the Oceanic as a back up
Is it console or wrist mount? Genesis is console mounted, Oceanic is wrist.
Where did you buy from, and what did you pay?
Got the sunto when a freind gave up diving for health reasons, but never used it. Got the Oceanic from a mail order place called Ador Aqua (back in 1992) The weren't an authorized oceanic deal so during the process Oceanic gave me a new computer so they could use the one i originally purchased in a lawsuit against AA. Paid like $350 for it,
Bought my Genesis at the dive shop I worked for in Mississippi. (Sea Space Scuba out of Gautier Mississippi, now closed) Paid like $400 for it. http://www.primocom.com/seaspace/ here is the link to their old website..funny shop has been closed for 3-4 years now and the web page I originally designed for them is still floating around.

Primary: Aeris 500AI w/compass & QD. Paid $500 from LeisurePro. Very happy with the performance and features of this dive computer.

Backup: Dive tables, and bottom timer.

Suunto Favor
Not really crazy about it, I have trouble working it sometimes, and it's a little basic, but it's fine for now.
Console, w/ spg and compass
LDS, forgot what I paid

Back
Top Bottom