What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a wrist mounted Aeris Atmos (AI) Elite dive computer. I bought it from ScubaToys (in store, as a LDS), as part a very extensive package of gear for two divers. (Therefore, I cannot state a specific price; other than to say everything was extensively discounted). I am extremely impressed with the product.

If price is not a consideration, I would take a close look at the line of Cochran dive computers (particularly the Gemini model).

Wow...It would seem that everyone likes their computer! LOL! Of course, we all like our comps, or we'd be using a different one! To be honest, they're all very similar, and (hopefully) provide the same safe result.
I asked a National Georgraphic documantarian about what computer to buy--and he gave me this advice: Buy a wrist mounted computer. It is better to have simple gauges with you at all times in case the computer runs out of batteries or dies. I use a simple, cost effective VEO 180N, and it works just fine for me! And since it isn't ingegrated with my air gauges, I have 2 depth gauges! I just put 1 on my wrist, and use the one attached to my first stage. It's simple safety.
Hope you find one you like. It doesn't have to be wrist mounted, but it shouldn't be your only source of information about your pressure/depth.

I bought an Oceanic Veo 200 console from my LDS and paid about $800 for the whole package. I later bought a wrist-mounted Veo 200 as a backup computer. Got that from LeisurePro for only $200.

Suunto Vyper wrist mount. I've been very happy with it. I find the menu very easy to use. If it died on me tomorrow i'd get another Vyper wrist. I got it from my LDS, but got a good deal since i work there. Before i had the Vyper i had (and still have) an Uwatec Air Z Nitrox (air intergrated wrist mount). I didn't like the wet contact controls, it beeped a lot (no i wasn't being reckless) and i had trouble keeping contact with the transmiter, especially in the quarry. I finally started wearing a small SPG as a backup. If anyone is interested in the Air Z let me know.

- Suunto Cobra Console, 30 dives, Nice Computer, but I am not 100% sure on the digital SPG yet. $550 at LeisurePro

- Suunto Gekko Console, 40 dives, Reliable and very happy, $400 at LDS

- Sunnto Mosquito Wrist, 5 dives, Very happy, $180 Used

Suunto mosquito, wrist mount, very happy, bought it in indonesia for about 299 us dollars.

Just watch out if your wetsuit has fluffy sleeves. They tend to block the depth gage which kinda screws up the calculations.

Back
Top Bottom