What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69:
I have two VR-3's and an HS Explorer. They are excellent computers. All have the independent PPO2 sensor link. They make bubble-less diving a lot more convenient. They also add wonderfully to the redundant safety quotient!! :wink:

Cheers!

I recently added an Oceanic which I run in (Gasp!!) gauge mode for bottom time and depth, should either of the deco computers (one in the RB, and one redundant sensor unit on wrist) fail to perform.

After all, I fly airplanes, and I LUV triple redundancy!!! :D

I purchased an Dacor Darwin Air which is the same as the Mares Air Lab, Same company. The price seamed right and the features seem to be even better than other at comparable prices. I like the Air integration and also the fact that it uses the house versus a transmitter, only one battery to worry about and won't loose signal. I think the usage is fairly simple and you have the information you need alway available. You can find these at a deacent price either at Leisure Pro or Scuba Toys.

I recomend,

Suunto Mosquito
Suunto Cobra in a console
bought both at LDS to replace older model Suunto
both work great after 250 or so dives

cybordolphin:
What computer do you own?

Dacor Darwin Console
Cochran EMC-16

cybordolphin:
Are you happy with it?

Yes
Yes, but the software is clunky, but the computer is AWESOME, 1 sec samples

cybordolphin:
Is it console or wrist mount?

Darwin= Console
Cochran= Wrist Mount
Jury is still out on which one I like better

cybordolphin:
Where did you buy from, and what did you pay?

Bought both from LDS and paid too much for both (They shouldn't cost as much as they do)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom