What cell phone to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I swear by SonyEricsson models. They sync well with my Mac. I hear they sync well with PCs too. Once you start syncing your phone addbook with your comp one over the Bluetooth there's really no going back. :D

I agree that Razr looks nice but lacks in the software department. My gf has it and she's got that very same complaint. But it has a very nice screen and a good camera.

However, I only use my phone to make and receive calls and sometimes type a text message or two.

PerroneFord:
What is a pain about the software on my Razr? It rings I answer and talk. I push numbers, they show up, I hit send, I talk. Works great!

No offense to you or your your choice in a stylish phone. However, Razr includes many other capabillities that you don't use and therefore, you won't notice the pooly thought software. Those of us who use our phones to do more than call will appreciate software that's designed better.

I'm a bit of a tekie, but if you want the most versitile phone out there, I say go with the Palm Treo 650 or 700p. You can browse the net, check email, anything you can imagine. I think you can even use it as a TV remote if you want to. There are tons of companies that write programs for the phone so you can acquire any application your heart desires.

Billy

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Handspring Treo. I used to have a 180 and I just got a 650. LOVE IT!!!!

I like having the phone and PDA in a single, small unit that will fit in my pocket.

cbborromeo:
No offense to you or your your choice in a stylish phone. However, Razr includes many other capabillities that you don't use and therefore, you won't notice the pooly thought software. Those of us who use our phones to do more than call will appreciate software that's designed better.

No offense taken. That's why I was asking. What is it that is considered "poor" on the Razr. And I didn't get it because it was stylish, I got it because it was the only phone cingular had at the time that was a flip phone and had buttons my big hands wouldn't "fat finger"!

I would be completely lost without my TReo 650. When I bought it (a year ago) I switched from a Motorola "flip phone" and was really torn between the Razr (because it was small) and the Treo 650. Getting used to the Treo was a bit of work- but now I can't imagine having anything less capable! No more dragging my laptop on dive trips, and I can check email while driving to the site!

We use the Treo's at my office. I think I'm the only Tech guy here without one.

One more thing. If you travel alot, stick with a service that uses GSM (Cingualr and Tmobile in the US). GSM is the standard the entire rest of the world uses (well almost). If you have a GSM phone and have international service turned on, your phone service will be seemless when you travel internationally.

I've heard for the CDMA signals, stay clear of the Razrs....they don't seem to get the reception that the e815 or the Samsung a950 gets and you may end up with more dropped calls.....

You can get more information about it here: www.wirelessadvisor.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom