Question What causes a B2 first stage o-ring failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For everyone else

I screw the retainer or din thing UP into the body waiting to feel the compression of the oring no lube
If the correct oring doesn't look or feel right
I go fatter

The book is just that, a book it is not there it can not see nor feel

Don’t know you or what you’ve said before. Better off without your two cents.

Ha ha ahy ah aha ha haha ha ah ugh ha let's hope your counts stays at 38 hah ha haprrft belch fluff fart!!!!

That's what i told him in the other thread. Low duro oring. Apparently he wants a different answer?
Hey Dave, I found no such thread? Is it possible you are mistaken? Cheers.

This thread perhaps?

I will attempt to stay out of the fussing. Since it was asked what might cause leaks in the vicinity of the yoke/din adapter assemblies other than the OP identified O-ring. If this regulator has taken a hit it is possible there has been deformation of the yoke adapter assembly. Another, awful, possibility is that the first stage body is tweaked or cracked. Might also inspect (both of) the O-ring sealing surfaces for corrosion, imperfection, scratches.

That's what i told him in the other thread. Low duro oring. Apparently he wants a different answer?
+1 on the wrong o-ring spec.

I once experienced the very same thing on an Atomic T2, and the connection sealed when I used a fresh o-ring from a kit.

Back
Top Bottom