What can you make out of neoprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take it to a beach party, pee on it then use it to light an old tire. (on second thought don't)

I'm not sure I really want to know, but it sounds like there is a story behind this thought .... :D

You could make all kinds of pockets for your suit you'll wear.
On the thighs, upper arms, etc.

- Door/dash trim panels for your car... to match those trick 80's neopreme seat covers. (don't we all drive on neopreme?)

- shifter cozy... for us convertible guys with SS or Alum shift knobs who park in the sun (dlerin shift knobs are soooo much better in this sense)

- wrist/ankle cover.... a 6" wide velcro-band for those who dive cold waters in a wet suit... beats using duck-tape on your expensive suit. :)

- handle pads... for gear bags, back-packs, etc... just fold it over and sew on with fishing line for extra hand padding (put a short length of cable through the inside of nylon webbing handles for support and the neoppreme on the outside for comfort... big difference).

- kayaking cosyies... T-shaped gloves with a large hole for hands/wrist and two smaller holes for the paddle shaft to pass through. Essiential must-haves for serious cold weather kayaking or even sea kayaking. (bare hands on the shaft makes control and power much more comfortable) 7mm is too thick for this though... hands get too hot too quick. 3mm or 2mm crushed material would be best.

- car stereo (subwoofer box) trim... looks better than felt IMO. :)

- knee cover/brace... cut a circle out for the knee, otherwise it's just a cylinder. :)

- Sliding guard for softball games... anyone who slides figure-4 into third on a shale diamond will appreciate this one (and save you a tetanus shot :wink:)... looks like a knee brace, but worn just below the joint. Some fabric ones use a pocket for some poly foam padding... but a solid neopreme one wouldn't need that.

- MP3 player holder. simple arm band with a pocket for your player makes gym workouts simpler.

- shoulder "brace" for your buddy with the torn rotator cuff...

- My BRaun electric shaver is pretty noisey... I use a pad of neo under the base to keep it quite while in cleaning mode. some scissors and adhesive spray is all it takes to custom fit a neopreme base for it.

I imagine there's a pretty big list for a stretchy, soft, insulating material like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom