What can you make out of neoprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me, a real issue is how to find a sewing machine locally....

I found ones, upholstery shop and shoe's shop, but their labor charges are more than the stock item. LOL~~~~~~~~~~~

Service to dive ger is some time verry expensive tat is tru. You can akso lock for any one seving in fear they have the right mashine. Glouein the edges kan be don first and seving after is easy vith a mashine for fear coots.

I just got a free 3 mil suit that had lost the stiching holding in the leg zipper.

I used wet suit glue to hold it in place and nylon upholstery thread and 2 needles to hand sew it back. I used the old holes as much as I could to limit leaking.

Worked fine.

Using a needle at each end of a piece of thread allows you to kind of duplicate a normal lock stitch. First you make one pass through the fabric so you have a needle on each side and then for each stich you cross the needles through the fabric making an extended figure 8 as you go. It is the same way you can hand sew leather.

I know people that have taken that old suit or suit part, and cut it into strips to add to other equipment to add buoyancy to them....a good example is a camera. If you and fix it to your outfit you can add buoyancy. Just another idea.

A watch band cover. Cut about 1 1/2" to 2" off the bottome of the sleeve. Cut out a circle for the watch face to fit through. Slip it over the watch. It will protect the band and keep it from possibley snagging on something.

I made a lens cover/carrying bag. I added a snap so I could attach it to my BC ..Works great!!!

u have a picture of it for me 2 c?

thx

I too would love to see this. I have just started adding new lenses to my system and had yet to consider exactly how I was going to carry them ( I have not yet received the macro lenses so all I currently have is one WA lens). So, your idea of a lens bag is a very good one.

What can't you make from neoprene??? .. hood, gloves,, soft weights... nice BC pockets.. ..,.,.,. I like the koozie idea lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom