what can i expect from the GUE dir fundamentals course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently completed the DIR F class in June with a provisional rating. Some important things I took away from the training:

-gas management for the different tanks I am diving including rock bottom values
-boyancy skills...............mine were lacking and improved greatly over the course
-team diving concept and situational awareness
-deep stops and a safer controlled accents with safety stops controlled without a reference line like a anchor.

I personally got a lot from the training and adopted the DIR gear configuration as well.

In my opinion, it's best to approach a Fundamentals course as an intense weekend seminar, rather than as a traditional class with a card at the end. The most important benefit is to take away new and better dive skills, not another piece of plastic. Forget about "passing" - focus on learning.

I have to agree with Bob. I too model perfect trim and buoyancy in my PADI classes and the students all strive to do the same. Its amazing what a good example sets

As for gas planning and other "great" topics I hold "Dive Club" classes for those that would like to come along and learn.

Let's try to keep this on the topic of DIR classes, please :)

jonnythan:
It sounds like his is DIR...it might not be Guoooey, but thats another thread :p

jonnythan:

Roger that. Sorry about the hijack. As the wife says my attention span is short and wanders often.

pants!:
You do get a card if you pass... but most people don't pass their first time through. Be sure you contact your potential instructor for details, gear requirements, etc. You are required to dive with a bp/wing, etc.

Anyone have a pic of DIR-F card or any other GUE kind? This is the first I've heard of them and I'm curious what they look like exactly.

Thanks

Kriterian:
Anyone have a pic of DIR-F card or any other GUE kind? This is the first I've heard of them and I'm curious what they look like exactly.

Thanks

great idea man! i actually havent seen any myself. why dont you post repost this so you get more replies. im curious as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom