What can brown do TO you today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
I'd love to. Salmon and cold beer sounds very tempting :wink:
If I would be in your area, you would hear a knocking on your door about right now :D
You guys come out of the cold and get right on down here anytime. The diving is great, and I think I know a place where we can get some good beer.

mempilot:
You guys come out of the cold and get right on down here anytime. The diving is great, and I think I know a place where we can get some good beer.
Nice life, that you pilots are running. One day here, the other day maybe in another continent. Cool job. We, the mortals that have to stay on the ground, are more limited by our other obligation on the ground :wink:
Iknow someone, who goes frequently down to your corner to participate in truck racing, so maybe one day I'll tag along with her and take you you by your word concerning the great diving and the good, cold beer :D
BTW, when I was living in Germany, I remember that the Deutsche Post(German postal service) was advertising that they bought DHL in order to be able to access the American market. Deutsche Post was owned by the government but was privatised and send on the way with lots of $$$. They are huge and stinking rich. Any truth to this? Or were these only rumours?

It's all a big consortium now. There is German, American, and other money involved. The Germans control the European operation and there is Asian influence in the rest of the world. The US operation is run seperately and together if you know what I mean to get around some cabatage laws.

Anytime you want to come down. Send me a PM and I'll set it up.

aquaoren:
Nice life, that you pilots are running. One day here, the other day maybe in another continent. Cool job. We, the mortals that have to stay on the ground, are more limited by our other obligation on the ground :wink:
Iknow someone, who goes frequently down to your corner to participate in truck racing, so maybe one day I'll tag along with her and take you you by your word concerning the great diving and the good, cold beer :D
BTW, when I was living in Germany, I remember that the Deutsche Post(German postal service) was advertising that they bought DHL in order to be able to access the American market. Deutsche Post was owned by the government but was privatised and send on the way with lots of $$$. They are huge and stinking rich. Any truth to this? Or were these only rumours?

sounds like a "whine and cheez" thread :wink: but I'm game so:

DHL: Delivered a computer part in under 18 hours from Texas to Hawaii for me a couple of months ago - Free shipping from Dell - I was impressed.

FedEx: Ships ground to Hawaii no extra charge between businesses (So I have it sent to my workplace) and bumps it up to 2 day air delivery since the roads coming over here have not been paved yet :)

UPS: Will not ship ground to Hawaii (Fair, but unpopular) and for outer islands requires packages be sent for attempted delivery in Honolulu for one day, delaying their service by a day - usually 2n'd day air ends up being 3-4 days.

USPS: They do ship ground to Hawaii . . . if you have 16 weeks to wait for it . . . Priority is cheap, fast and as long as it's not valuable it works (but they have broken every fragile Ebay Item I have sold and shipped through them) - claims take about 2 months.

Unfortunately most companies only offer free shipping via UPS ground which I can't get, so I am usually required to pay 2n'd day air (which gets expensive)

Ok I'm done now - LOL
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom