What are your favorite hobbies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poomero

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,

I am doing a little research and i need to know what are your favorite hobbies?

Other than diving what are your favorite things to do?

I play music (banjo & fiddle), SCUBA dive, 3D video/photography, have an international coin collection, and waste money on my Corvette.

Aside from Scuba Diving in order of how much of stuff I actually do are - Mountain Biking, Reading, Rock Climbing, photography,Road Biking, Back Packing, Mountaineering, surfing, drinking beer, eating, watching star trek and other sci fi stuff.

Actually that pretty much lists everything I do except work and sleeping.

---------- Post added November 15th, 2013 at 10:45 AM ----------

I should add spending too much on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma that's becoming a mini off road RV.

I play music (banjo & fiddle), SCUBA dive, 3D video/photography, have an international coin collection, and waste money on my Corvette.

Sounds like some cool stuff, especially the banjo and fiddle. I just saw Steve Martin's Give Me the Banjo. If you haven't seen it you should. I learned so much from it, although that's not saying much as I knew zero prior to seeing it.

Hi poomero, here's a list of some of the things I enjoy doing other than diving: Dirtbiking, Camping, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Wakeboarding, Unicycling, Snowboarding, Photography, Fishing, rock climbing, and other outdoor things. Mainly just staying active and enjoying what nature has to offer.

Brazilian Jiujitsu. Weight lifting, Photography. Film-making, reading (though I am in the process of giving that up and listening to books instead.)

If you're within driving distance of Mountain View, there's a Redwood Bluegrass Associates concert this Saturday:

Redwood Bluegrass Associates

Thanks for the link. I live in Mountain View so this would be perfect. Unfortunately I'm almost done with my Dive Master Training and I'm spending almost the whole day in Monterey. My girlfriend might be interested though. She's the one who turned me on to blue grass.

Aside from Scuba Diving ... drinking beer...

I didn't know "drinking beer" was a sport. I believe I would qualify at the Ironman level. :)

Apart from this, skiing is my thing. I've often said that I'm glad that they don't really overlap here... It would "conflict" me...

I like to barbecue. I built a custom 'que out of a 55 gallon drum. I've been welding on it for the last 5 years adding details, breathers, vents, baffles, handles etc. Last year I had to weld in a new bottom because the old one burned out.
It's the best damn barbecue I've ever used. My tri tip and baby backs are second to none.
Other than that my other hobbies are diving (of course) and weightlifting.
All my other "hobbies" are actually ways I make a living.
I've been self employed for the last 20 years (I've been self employed now longer than I've been an employee somewhere).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom