What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Complaints are fine, i just want to learn and become the best diver I can. Thank you and I hope I would be able to go there one day.

I thought of another one:

...when you take friends out on your boat and they start complaining that you don't have oxygen, lol...yea, that's my favorite.

OR, your ladder is not safe and then they launch into telling how much they got on their latest workman's comp claim.

This is not really a scuba pet peeve, but this is Memorial Day weekend. My biggest pet peeve is when people, usually men, don't remove their caps during the national anthem. Take off your damn cap and show some respect.

I was taking the trash out the other day, and retreat started and I finished what I was doing, boy did I get yelled at...I was like "sorry, I had no idea, honey"
Marines don't put up with that

When someone asks you for help and your opinion. You offer it and then they want to argue with you. HEY, you asked, if you don't like what you are hearing that's not my fault.

Children diving and the parents who let them.

No child has the ability to fully understand the inherent risks associated with the sport and make an informed rational decision regarding their participation, let alone cope in a rational adult manner with the situations one might find themselves in. If they are not mature enough to drink, vote, or drive a car then they certainly cannot engage in something as complex and risky as diving.

Heck, most adults aren't rational enough so why should laws (that differ and don't even exist I might add in some countries for drinking, voting and driving) decide when ANY of us are ready for something as simple as diving within strict suggested limits?

It was illegal for Woman and African Americans to vote not long ago in my country so laws aren't always a good gold standard IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I hear ya, and I understand what you are saying but maybe the parent knows more about their child than you do...or maybe not but who knows. Now that I think about it, it wasn't long ago that most girls who were 13 would have already had a child so you are really putting a modern spin on what exactly an adult is. In the Jewish religion, 13 years makes a young person an adult capable of determining their religious fate for crying out loud. If 13 makes a young adult Jew capable of determining if he/she will burn in hell for eternity then maybe 13 is old enough to decide to dive or not surely? Those are some serious religious ramifications to lay on a "child" no? If you are a christian then it happens even earlier than 13!!!!!!!

Sorry, I am just playing devil's advocate. :wink:

I love reading this thread mostly because I wanna know what not to do to annoy other divers. Some comments even made me laugh.... so I said I'll keep reading. I never thought I'd contribute though but finally today I will because I got so annoyed with a diver friend who invited me to dive to some dive site but I replied no because I want to finish my advance open water being my priority. He then said in all the arrogance he can muster
"Oh yeah finish your advance course first coz I do not wanna dive with newbies"... I was the one who introduced him to diving!!!And have more logged dives than him. He finished his AOW first just cause I have a demanding regular job. So now I know my pet peeve I dislike arrogant divers especially the inexperienced ones! No respect and no genuine love to the sport.

Arrogance is one of my pet peeves and it isn't the just newbies also the arrogance of "I have more certificates so I am a better diver" "I have more dives so I am a better diver" I took my training with XX agency so I am a better diver" "I use XX gear so I am a better diver" "I do xxxx diving so I am a better diver" Diving is not a competitive sport.. it is supposed to be fun and a common passion that we can share the joy and experience.

Back
Top Bottom