Question What are the dive conditions like near Brothers/Daedalus in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J

Jimnibob

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking at a Red Sea liveaboard in mid-Oct 2022 on a Red Sea Sharks itinerary around St Johns, Rocky, Daedalus, Elphinstone, and Brothers.

I have dived twice before on the northern wrecks itinerary in Jan/Feb, but I can only do Oct this year and really fancy doing the above liveaboard.

Can anyone advise what the dive conditions are like around St Johns, Rocky, Daedalus, Elphinstone, and Brothers in mid-Oct?

Thanks

I have dived that route a few times in October - and heading back again this year. Sea conditions have been quite variable everything from flat calm to fairly rough seas, during a week in October I am certain you will have a mix of sea states.

Compared to the northern routes the biggest difference is you will have 2 or 3 long night crossings, if conditions are rough these can be interesting. Generally moorings at the off shore island are sheltered, although if there are lots of boats there those on the outside mooring can end up in waves. Diving from a zodiac can be a bit more physical compared to the north due to having to go through the waves to get to drop off points.

Compared to Jan/Feb the sea and air temperatures are much higher. Overall a great time to go.

Here is a short video from last October, it gives an idea of the varying conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom