What Are People Downloading the CF Cards To?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO:
What about an IPod Photo? Could that capture RAW and display it (although it would a be a very small display)

I have not tried iPod photo but I don't think it is compatible with a lot of the RAW files.
I have an older iPod (2 years old) that I was going to use as photo storage on long trip but gave up the idea immediately because battery life is way too short. If you have 2x 4GB cards to download, the battery will most likely died before you complete the download unless it is plugged in. May be the newer iPod has better batteries capacity but you might want to check this out first.

OE2X:
I've finally gone digital and wondering if anyone here has used the Nexto CF card reader or the PD70X? I need a large card reader that I can take on a boat and leave my laptop behind. I'm using Sandisk Ultra II 2 gig cards.
I use the Flashtrax when I don't want to use my laptop. This is great for portability. If the safety of your laptop is of concern, then you could also buy a used laptop on ebay, dedicate it to diving, and attach a USB 2.0 card reader.

OE2X:
Wireless? I thought that was for the internet? It would be for an Apple G4 if you have a link. I will be shooting with a firewire cable from the D2X directly into the laptop when I can, but that's only in a studio environment. Apple doesn't give away their computers, so I'm likely to keep it protected.

The way to go. I do not one, but have played around a bit with D2h/wireless module. It's rather impressive. One can transmit 11mb/sec, and the image is flagged once it's downloaded. It transmits about 100' if memory serves. It operates on standard TCP/IP protocol, and uses the FTP server on the PC side, which yes, can be encrypted.

It's not cheap, I think about $500 for the modle for the D2h, and I've not priced the D2x version.

You should DEFINATELY look into it for both studio and travel if you shoot 2500 frames a day. One still has to clear the card, and I'd verify the transfer before deleting (or have an assistant do so).

Those that have used this stuff love it, and give it high praise. Of course it's one more thing to carry around, and I can not remember if it runs on it's own power or off the camera. If it has independent power there will be a battery, and charger for this. If it runs off the camera battery, then it will have some impact on the battery life in camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom