What are other business owners thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaLevelScuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Recently I had an unfortunate incident regarding a manufacturers rep calling one of our female customers repeatedly. I heard about this from another customer who was riding with the female and first hand heard it from the rep as well. After complaining to the manufacturer needless to say I was terminated as a dealer. That would send our team into wondering what about this rep would be so important for him to hide, after a simple google'ling of this reps name as he goes by now, another name popped up verifying this reps current name as an alias he's used among others in the past. So as you follow the aliases and his real given name it is discovered that he is a registered sexual predator in the state of Florida. So I ask, what would other business owners who train minor children, and women think of this.

The manufacturer is not a biggie by no stretch of means, however to stand by and allow this after these facts have been brought to light just seems confusing. I'm certainly not interested in having the manufacturer back in the store, but what are your thoughts?

Schott

Couple of questions spring to mind. Why was he calling the female customer? Did she welcome the calls, or did she want him to stop calling? How did he get her number? As for being a registered predator, I wonder if the manufacturer knows this, since he's using an alias. I'm not sure what the repercussions could be if they were to find out. I wouldn't call them and say, "Hey, did you know that "Bob" is a registered sexual predator?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom