What am I getting myself into?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those crazy canucks! I had a chance to very briefly meet several members of the DIR crowd from the Ottawa area this past August when I spent a week in the Thousand Islands with three buddies. Chantelle helped us out with some great shore diving suggestions. They're just nuts ... in a good sorta way! They had their van and trailer so loaded down with tanks and scooters that the bottom of the hitch was dragging ... so they cut it off! Too funny. :rofl3:

Awesome

...were you watching the same video as everyone else? Because that wasn't what I saw...

ok so let me get this right...you all jump out of planes fully geared up to land in the water, ditch your parachute and are ready to go down dir. to wrecks?? if that is so, where do i sign up and who in NY is doing this?

Hah, you need to see the Bond movie "Tomorrow Never Dies," where they film a HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) jump into the sea. They actually drop *through* the clouds on their way down from five miles up. And yes, they're wearing a full face mask and a small pair of twins.

No CGI, the Bond people pride themselves on always having at least one breathtaking live action spectacle. Any ways, when you get over the jump, it clicks: for them to film the jump, somebody else was jumping while carrying a 70mm film camera. And they did multiple takes.

Whoa!

In the movie, he then dives down to a wreck. Alas, that part was done in a pool with camera tricks.

That's something I've been trying to find that's possible in the civilian world - jumping from a plane and landing in the water right into a dive. Even in the military you've gotta be the elite to touch your toes into anything like that, but I know of a couple civilian HALO organizations, run by former military. Where's the "under canopy to under water" organization at?

:confused: They're not base jumping right into the water and then diving on wrecks. I'm not quite sure what the benefit would be to doing that. It's just a video (they've produced several awesome "We Go Down" videos) of the extreme sports they enjoy - base jumping and wreck diving.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom