What activities/things to do, should be available when you are NOT Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its nice when a resort has a place where people can congregate in the afternoon/evening, preferably with a full bar, which could make it easier for some people to conjugate.

I'm trying to collect some good feedback on what divers would like for themselves and their non-diving family or friends, when they are NOT diving.

Please think about what you would want on a trip, and post back with things like :
  • Good restaurants
  • eco-torism ( kayaking, etc)
  • shopping
  • types of entertainment
Please be specific, as if this would benefit you on your next trip :)

Beer?...............beer for everyone? Wait...... free beer for everyone.

When I'm not diving I need three things ...

- food ... preferably served in a timely manner
- someplace to sleep
- electricity for charging batteries and running my laptop

Depending on where I'm diving, food could either come in the form of restaurants, an all-inclusive "cafeteria" style setting (e.g. liveaboards or some resorts), or home cooking. I don't need fancy, since I'd prefer spending my money on diving activities.

My preference in sleeping arrangements depend on the setting. On a liveaboard, I can sleep in a berth or even a hammock as long as there's someplace for me to plug in my CPAP machine (otherwise nobody else on board is gonna be able to sleep). Elsewhere, again, I don't need luxury ... as long as it's reasonably clean and comfortable.

Electricity ... needs to be able to accommodate multiple chargers for camera, strobes, laptop, dive lights, and possibly a scooter.

All else is dependent on location ... if I'm in a place like Bonaire, where diving's available 24/7, I don't need any other activities ... I won't have time for them anyway.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What Bob said, except without all the cool equipment, or cool locations. Fortunately I do not snore so if I left my CPAP I would just not get a good sleep (damn genetics).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom