What accessories do you need for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive dependent as said above, but typically for a boat dive: torch, small signal mirror, SMB and reel, line cutter/knife

Depends on each dive, but usually: torch, DSMB , a cutting tool (2 would be even better), plus a few backup/spares.

Money. Time.

#1 Redundant Air - I like avoiding injury/death/PTSD/etc from an OOA incident.

#2 Lobster Mesh Bag - The kind with a metal-hoop-opening at the top. I do a LOT of treasure-diving, and being able to reliably and easily stash away sunglasses, iphones, etc has made a huge difference.

#3 Cutting Device(s) - I prefer small lightweight ones that take up so little space they're practically "free." Same reasons as #1 (entanglements). I occasionally carry large shears as well, when dealing with ropes.

#4 Save a Dive Kit - I've saved plenty of dives for myself and other divers. Most needed are some o-rings, basic tools, zip-ties, and some lengths of cord & bungie.

#5 SS Bolt Snaps & Double-Enders - I own at least 80, and somehow always need one more. Add some lengths of paracord tied in a loop as well.

I tried using a torch, but I just can’t seem to get the damn thing to light! Those Bic lighters don’t work well underwater.
So I went home in my horseless carriage.
Like the sign-- "Don't throw cigarette buts in the urinals. Makes them soggy and hard to light".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom