What about the other gear needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turk6482

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, this may seem like a dumb question but here it goes. I have been reading all about going DRY and I know very little about dry suits except that they keep you dry. As far as the BC goes, any dif. in what you need? I know from when I was going for my open water dives the instructor had a dry suit but I can't remember what gear he had on. I know I saw him lift his arm to let out air to adjust his bouy..

:confused4

The only thing that comes to mind, is an additional inflator hose for the drysuit. I use a backplate and wings, but my regular buddy uses a jacket style BC. I also use a weight belt that has shoulder straps on it, as you may find yourself wearing some additional weight at first. Along with the 'outer' drysuit, I wear a one piece, 300wt Polarfleece inner suit to keep me warm in the cold water. Under that I wear long johns and a long sleeve tee shirt and find that usually keeps me warm. I also wear 'attached' drygloves with wool undergloves, after a season of wearing wetsuit gloves, I my hands would get so cold that they hurt when the water was less than 40 degrees and were were making multiple dives.

Most of the gear is just the same as when you wear a wetsuit, but in my mind, diving dry is really the way to go in the cold water.

Hope this is some help....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom