What About Playa del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last two trips to Cozumel we dove with Blue Angel divers who took us by boat over to Playa del Carmen for a 2 tank dive. The size and number of turtles were amazing and we even got to see huge Tarpon. They weren't cattle boats and the divemasters were superb.
blueangel-scuba.com
I think Cozumel has more diversity on diving so I will continue going there and make that my home base so to speak.

playa is great talk to carlos at diversity diving the cenotes is awsome and the diving is definatly cheaper

If I'm going alone and primarily for the diving, I prefer Cozumel. When traveling with non-divers, we go to Playa. I love both places - the diving at Cozumel is awesome but so are the cenotes on the mainland. Playa and Cozumel can be busy during the day when cruise ships are in, but much more relaxing in the evening. Lots of great restaurants both places - Playa has more nightlife and shops that tend to stay open later, but it's a short easy ferry trip between the two either way.

i will be there next week.How are the conditions?

Hope to do both ocean and cave dives. Does anyone have suggestions on who to contact for both ?

Don't know about conditions, but contact Jason at Fantaseadive. He'll do the PDC dives with you (no cattle boat, all personal attention, etc.) and then he'll arrange cenote dives with either Klaus or Luis from Playa Scuba. This will be a dive trip that you'll never forget!

Playa Scuba Dive Center * Diving in Playa del Carmen * Diving in Cozumel * Diving in Cenotes* Diving in Mexico
Scuba Diving, Fishing, Dive Packages, and Extreme Sports in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Yucatan, Mexico and Caribbean

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Try Playa Scuba they offer six dives 2 from Playa, two from Cozumel (you pay for ferry) and two to cenotes for $200 equipment included.

I'm in the same boat, Dyan. I'm doing a dive trip to Mexico and am trying to keep it as reasonably priced as possible. I found that a similar all-inclusive resort in PDC versus Cozumel (including flight) is about $500 cheaper. So... I booked in PDC. I'll still be doing two tanks in Cozumel, but I will also be doing 8 tanks on PDC reefs, two tanks (at least) at the cenotes, and 1 night dive. I'm really thrilled by the variety of diving you can do in PDC.

I am just back from PDC. I ended up diving with Fantasea dive (Jason). Due to the high seas the PDC port was closed so we ended up doing two trips to COZ. My girlfriend did her AOW with Jason. We got extremely good service and did the complete AOW course in COZ.
BE sure to verify the number of people a Divemaster takes on a dive. I have seen groups of up to 8 to10 people going into the water with one divemaster!!!!

We had 1 divemaster for 2 persons!! (thanks for that Jason).

WE also did the Cenotes dive, this is something you have to do the viz is almost unlimited and the experience is worth all of it.

I am just back from PDC. I ended up diving with Fantasea dive (Jason). Due to the high seas the PDC port was closed so we ended up doing two trips to COZ. My girlfriend did her AOW with Jason. We got extremely good service and did the complete AOW course in COZ.
BE sure to verify the number of people a Divemaster takes on a dive. I have seen groups of up to 8 to10 people going into the water with one divemaster!!!!

We had 1 divemaster for 2 persons!! (thanks for that Jason).

WE also did the Cenotes dive, this is something you have to do the viz is almost unlimited and the experience is worth all of it.

I'm JEALOUS!!

Sound like my experience w/ Jason during my AOW - but we were able to do it in Playa rather than Coz.

There's a reason I'll call him and him only every time I head down to PDC and I'm glad you experienced the same thing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom