What a trip and what a dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was blessed with taking my bride of 25 years to Maui the last week of May and took a morning to get wet and I wanted to put some kudo's out there.

On a bright and wonderful Tuesday (May 28th) morning I met up with Extented Horizon's at the Mala Wharf in Lahaina for a 2 tank dive to Lana'i. Captain Victoria (new Captain) and Chris were the crew that day.

Boat normally can take 12 divers and we only had six for the morning. Nice trip out, dove Second Cathederals and Shark Fin Rock. I'll go into the dives themselves on maybe another thread. Boat ride back was pretty rough.

I can't say enough about the crew and their friendlieness to the 6 of us. We had from newbies to very experienced on the boat and they took care of us very well. If and when I go back I will certainly dive with them again.

One comment though on a snorkel trip I went on with my wife since she doesn't dive, I know now what is truely meant by the term cattle boat! We went with Maui Dive Shop and went out of Kihei boat ramp and they were 35 minutes late coming in from an earlier trip out. Boat was packed and really want not too much fun since this particular boat has no shade from the sun at all. I don't know if any of their other boats do or not.

Granted I know there is a difference between a snorkel trip and a dive trip and the clients you get, but there was a world of difference between the crew on each boat as to their over all care and conduct with us.

Well the 6 month planning is over and it is now memories, pictures and video. Maybe in another 5 years......

Thanks fro your ears!

Jeff

you do know that once you come to Maui it is required that you return on an annual basis right? I think the law states that said visits must also exceed 6 weeks in duration :wink:

Glad you had a good time - and nice to hear that Victoria got her capatains license - quite an accomplishment.

Aloha, Tim

MDS went to the 2 normal spots, Molokini and Turtle Town. Actually had a number of turtles with us at the surface.

I have pictures and will try and get around to providing a few.

I had Rick with EH take shots of our dives shince I don't have a housing for my Nikon D40. Sure saw a lot of life I just don't see in the quarries at home!

Vic did a great job of piloting the boat. The way back from Shark Fin to Maui was very rough and I think she had to peel her hands off the wheel!

Look, if I could go back yearly or even every 2 years I would. Unfortunately, both our trip in 2003 and this one was due to an inheiritance we received from relatives that had passed. I don't have that many left!!!

Mahalo!!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom