Whale Spotted.... Seatiger 2/19/07.... 8:16am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice...must have been great watching them.I hoping myself to get lucky.

You couldn't hear em at all.... totally silent. The put on a huge show for us right before I hopped in. 2 finn slaps and some nice head out grins. I was stoked! Today we went back to the Seatiger and I could hear em off in the distance.... I love winter diving in Oahu!

Aloha,

G

scottitheduck:
You couldn't hear em at all.... totally silent. The put on a huge show for us right before I hopped in. 2 finn slaps and some nice head out grins. I was stoked! Today we went back to the Seatiger and I could hear em off in the distance.... I love winter diving in Oahu!

Aloha,

G
I was off the coast of maui diving Molokini crater when a pod of humpbacks put on a show, one cow had a baby with her, a big male was singing, the acoustic waves were so strong they penetrated my entire body, an experience I will never forget

My first encounter with humpbacks was kinda like that..... Although, I'm pretty sure it was two females with a calf. When they parted I could see the little guy! That was almost two years ago in Hawaii Kai and of course, no camera!

There is a link now to my blog where you can read the full tale of the day. Man, it's more than 24 hours laster and i'm STILL buzzin!

Aloha,

G

I had a similar experience to Mauifish, but did not see the whales.

Was doing a shore dive at Olowalu (off Maui, at Mile Marker 14 on the way to Lahaina), and it felt exactly like when I was diving during one of our earthquakes here in the fall... except that it lasted a few minutes, rather than just a few seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom