Whale Sharks in Southern Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
it is when you eat beans or cabbage or kamote (sweet potato) during the SI... then the resulting off-gassing will be very dangerous to your dive buddies...

not to mention successive dives after such SI activities will still result in continuous off-gassing causing this --> http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=124119

w/c we already know from our OW classes will give you bouyancy problems and potential self-esteem issues

Jag
:lol3: That link is hilarious. Definitely don't eat kamote during the SI.

pakman:
I definitely owe u guys a number of rounds of SM's for the laughs on SB...

BTW, anyone have a link for the cebu-leyte ferry?

I've taken the fast craft ferry from Cebu to Ormoc and back but I took supercat, not Ocean jet. It's around P550 one way (might have gone up due to gas prices). I'm pretty sure Oceanjet is cheaper.

www.supercat.com.ph

ishbaby:
I dont get sleepy on an SI . . I get hungry hehe . . is that bad for off gasing too? hehe.
haha . . so this is where my post went!! I was looking for it at the SI thread of Caloy, I thought somebody deleted it! Sorry for the slight off-off topic hihihi.

ishbaby:
Chip, I think you've travelled around the Philippines more than I do!
When I first arrived in the PI I did work with the Red Cross teaching lifesaving and swimming. There was only 1 instructor at the time (for the entire Red Cross) and he needed help with the courses. They sent me to a lot of places which gave me some cool experiences. When we taught in Leyte (isabela which is the tip of West Leyte) we made the students complete a mile swim in open water (it's actually 2 miles cause we're A-holes like that :)). I was in the water with them (being a sweeper) and some students about 50 meters away began screaming. I swam over to ask what was wrong and apparently they saw a whale shark. This sounds cool now, but back then I was freaked out! So I made everyone tighten up and I swam in the middle. :)

shugar:
dude you survived a 2-mile (3km) swim!?!?! WOW!!! IDOL!!!

Jag
I used to do the 2 km swim regularly in Anilao. The senior instructor I taught with is 60+ yrs old, so I was the one always in the water (so I had no choice :)). But most of the times I had flippers and a rescue can with me.

One time I led the swimmers into a colony of jellyfish - I was lucky to only get stung in the armpit and nipple. oh the stories... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom