Whale shark slaughter-tingloy,batangas (near anilao)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Hammerhead
Took me a long time to reply because I find this forum very difficult to follow. It is not instinctive to a newbie like me. Anyway, I think you misunderstood my post. I was not talking about petitions or any other form of community action. I was commenting on the corruption of Philippines police. From my experience, I doubt there will be much will to prosecute those responsible for what happened to this shark, or any of the thousands of others that this happens to. I have been involved in community actions, petitions, protest marches etc for 35 years and we have had some great wins and disappointing losses. I was involved in the HK issues you mentioned above and others as well...

Fair enough. I saw your post as a direct reply to xariatay's immediately previous post on the subject of petitions. That's what it looks like.

If you want to address any particular post, just quote it and we all know what you're on about. You can also put "@ hammerhead" or similar if you want to pick a particular point from a particular person, but quoting's pretty ironclad.

you could also have asked me to explain myself before being quite so condescending. Better not to alienate "like - minded people" eh.

Don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy old so-and-so.
:mooner:

Tried to do that with my answer to Dr Bill but couldn't get it to work for me. Do I have to click the box before I start my message? It doesn't seem to be active. Do I need to use the "reply with quote" button or the one below? I guess I will get the hang of this eventually.

reading this thread makes my furious. I'm getting fed up with the Chinese!! All of them!! And that is not fair since probably not all of them eat shark fin soup, and some probably also try to advocate for stopping this idiotic tradition. But right now: I am fed up with what for me is an ignorant, arrogant, mindless stupid people and country. Sorry, but that is just how I feel.

And lets be honest; everybody knows this, but nobody dears to speak out afraid of loosing business: Many divers from China interact way too much with the marine life. They show no respect at all and behave like freaking &)"#¤%&/(S under water!!

Ignorant comment. :no:

Should I conclude that because certain sectors of the Norwegian population engage in whale slaughter that all Norwegians, including yourself are guilty of Whale cruelty?

http://www.wdcs.org/submissions_bin/WSPA_WDCS_Norway_leaflet_IWC59.pdf

The main issue with shark finning is the industry, which is fuelled by consumers, who lack education about the industry. Consumers of shark fin are not just 'chinese people'. Many people around the world who may simply go to a dim sum restaurant will encounter numerousdishes with 'shark fin' as an ingredient.

Shut down the industry and educate the consumers and you move the consumers on to other 'more' sustainable food sources.

Tried to do that with my answer to Dr Bill but couldn't get it to work for me. Do I have to click the box before I start my message? It doesn't seem to be active. Do I need to use the "reply with quote" button or the one below? I guess I will get the hang of this eventually.

Just hit the "Quote" button at the bottom of the post you want to reply to, rather than starting to type in the box at the bottom...

New box will appear with the text you are quoting (i.e. the other person's), just type your mess age below that text.

Just hit the "Quote" button at the bottom of the post you want to reply to, rather than starting to type in the box at the bottom...

New box will appear with the text you are quoting (i.e. the other person's), just type your mess age below that text.

Thanks. Got it.

It really just comes down to this: Nature/wildlife is far crueler than any of us. ANY! of us. We can't hold a candle if we tried, and we have! But we (humans) KNOW better, were the only ones that do. That is our gift. And we all just pi$$ it away for another gift we invented ourselves MAKIN MONEY AT ALL COST. to ourselves and every creature on this earth. I believe scientist David Suzuki once said " the best thing to happen to the earth, is us (humans) to go extict. Thats just a sad epitaph for our so called intelligence. But we sure eat good? For NOW.

It really just comes down to this: Nature/wildlife is far crueler than any of us. ANY! of us. We can't hold a candle if we tried, and we have! But we (humans) KNOW better, were the only ones that do. That is our gift. And we all just pi$$ it away for another gift we invented ourselves MAKIN MONEY AT ALL COST. to ourselves and every creature on this earth. I believe scientist David Suzuki once said " the best thing to happen to the earth, is us (humans) to go extict. Thats just a sad epitaph for our so called intelligence. But we sure eat good? For NOW.

older.gif

Your statement says it all and I 100% agree with it.
David Suzuki also said:
“We're in a giant car heading towards a brick wall and everyones arguing over where they're going to sit”.

Back
Top Bottom