We've Been Invaded!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Seems like our lil corner of ScubaBoard has been invaded by northerners eh?

Check this out...

Ya, so mebbe we DONT like the cold. But I wonder how they would stand up in some of our good ole hot n humid Texas Summers?

The same way you do Suck it up, and get wet.....................We don't get up inot the hundreds, but the mid 90s most of July & August............Besides when you are diving ...it is a little humid anyway (right ?).............:boom:

We dont invade we are peace keepers. We dont have bullets but we have real beer.

Actually Canada has never invaded the U.S. but we have twice in our short history.

Also 50 degree water is our June temps here in Upstate NY and on the Canadian Border ie; St Lawerence.

I'll be in one of the Fingerlakes on New Years right now 36 degrees. We call it Frozen Fin Diving. Bring your dry suit and come join the fun.

chuckrt

I think the reason we talk about the water being so cold is because the water doesn't really get cold enough for a drysuit, so we all try and make our 3 mil wetsuits get us through the winter. :eek:

Butch103 once bubbled...
The same way you do Suck it up, and get wet.....................We don't get up into the hundreds, but the mid 90s most of July & August............Besides when you are diving ...it is a little humid anyway (right ?).............:boom:

couldn't have said it better dude!

As for invading? Well there was that one occassion (when I guess you could still call us Brits) that we headed to Washington and burned down the capital, but we really didn't invade, just went to toast marshmellows hehehe

Poseidon once bubbled...
I think the reason we talk about the water being so cold is because the water doesn't really get cold enough for a drysuit, so we all try and make our 3 mil wetsuits get us through the winter. :eek:

I'd give anything to be able to dive in my 3mm right now. Come on March Break hurry-up!!!

taz22 once bubbled...

I'd give anything to be able to dive in my 3mm right now. Come on March Break hurry-up!!!

Brrrrrrrrr.... I can't imagine being excited about 3 mil diving conditions. I can't wait for skin diving weather again. :)

...just be sure to bring all that beer you Canadians are always drinking with you.

That's one thing I've learned about Canadians from this board...they LOVE their beer!... If you do invade, we should get along splendidly!
:boozer: :boozer: :boozer: :boozer:

oh, and Butch103...it's the donning of the neoprene and the walk to the water in 110 degree weather without suffering a heat stroke...that's the challenge! :errrr:

Zagnut once bubbled...

oh, and Butch103...it's the donning of the neoprene and the walk to the water in 110 degree weather without suffering a heat stroke...that's the challenge! :errrr:

Oh, that would suck!!! But if it is that warm you should only be wearing a 3mm shorty or no wetsuit at all!!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom