Wetwear Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mummymummy

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to give a standing ovation to the girls over at Wetwear for making me the best suit I have ever owned.

Let me first start by saying I have always read all the boards (scuba board and many others), but I have never posted anything. When it came time to buy a new wetsuit I did my homework, read the different posts about who has the best wetsuits and for what reason. Because I am a hard to fit size (big chest, little waist, and curvy hips), I decided to go with a custom suit..... but with which company was the question. After reading all the custom manufacturer websites, I decided that Wetwear had the most knowledge and better product of all the custom wetsuit manufacturers. So, I decided to do some research on them on the boards. There were some negative comments about them on customer service and length of time to get your finale product. This made me a little weary so I decided to call them.

I spoke on the phone with a lady named Kristi and she spent over a half an hour on the phone with me. She explained everything there is to know about wetsuits to me. She asked me questions that I never thought would be relevant to picking out a wetsuit, like, Where are you from (for temperature tolerance), do you travel for diving or just locally, what it is I hate most about wetsuits......by the end of our conversation we had built the perfect wetsuit for me in my budget.

I asked if they could get the suit to me in two weeks for an up coming dive I had and they said that would be fine, but that I may have to pay for express shipping.

I received my suit two days before I expected to and it was everything I wanted and more. This suit fit me better than any suit I have ever owned. I ordered the Atlantis EZ on Jumpsuit with seals and a spine pad. I also added a knife pocket to the inside of my leg so that I do not have to strap it on before every dive.

The true test was during the first dive of my trip. The temperature was 65 degrees and I was toasty warm in my 5mm suit. I started to get a little cold at the end of the dive, so I added my 3mm shorty for the second dive. It was perfect, just like Kristi said it would be.

So.... the reason I am writing this post is because I think that Wetwear has very good customer service, and makes a very good product. I would recommend them to any one that asks, and they are very reasonably priced. I paid the same for my custom Wetwear 5mm with all the bells and whistles as I would have paid for a top of the line Henderson with no extra features.

This is my two sense...... if anyone wanted to know!

I know its been a while since your post, but if you are still out there, I am very close to ordering a new custom suit my self. I have been looking at Wet Wear and would like to know how you like EZ zippers for comfort, quality and do they restrict your movement? What type neoprene did you get ? Any tips on getting a good fit ? Thanks for any information.

Polywog:

Read my post on this page: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...322160-new-scubaboard-wetsuit-question-2.html

I LOVE the zippers. If you're used to donning a suit without zippers, you'll think you're in paradise. Super fast on and off and they're heavy-duty. I don't like wearing wetsuits mainly because I'm very cold-resistant and will dive in swimtrunks and a t-shirt down to the low 70's. So I got the farmer john and the shorty, both in 3 mil. So when I've done cold, quarry diving, I've got 6 mil in the torso and 3's on the extremities which is more than enough.

Other than that, I'd have to echo the post above. They're good people. As for fitting, definitely call them when you're doing your measurements. And they will call you when something doesn't seem right. They definitely know what they're doing. Personally, I did my measurements and then flew down to do an initial fitting before final stitch up. Glad I did. Some people don't have that option but know that they will go over things with you on the phone and email to get it right.

I would recommed going shorter on the zippers especially on the legs in order to accomendate pockets should your diving require in the future. I have two Wetwear suits and could not be happier....

Thanks for the replies ! Sounds like the kind of suit I am looking for. The information was very helpful. Ron

Thanks for the replies ! Sounds like the kind of suit I am looking for. The information was very helpful. Ron

So, did you order one from Wetwear? Now that it's been a year, are you happy with your decision? Thx.

Back
Top Bottom