WetWear Custom Suits / OUTSTANDING!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to post an update on the outstanding service from Wetwear for a custom 3mm Jumpsuit for my daughter. My daughter is 5'0" ~115lbs so a custom suit looked to be inorder.

Spoke with Connie at Wetwear and reviewed the sizing guidlines, and placed the order. The suit was order with the following options: Spine Pad, Short Leg / Arm Zippers, and Leg / Arm / Neck Seals and upgraded material. After a couple of calls from Connie questioning some of the size measurements, the suit was received within two weeks. Her attention to detail makes it hard for you to make a mistake in the ordering process.

All I can say is the suit is OUTSTANDING! The overall quality is excellent, the material looks durable and feels like 5MM. The fit is like a second skin on my daughter - the sizing was perfect. The suit is far superior to what you can buy of the rack.

Great outfit to deal with - I will be placing an order for myself in the coming months.:)

You are so lucky to have it done in 2 weeks time!! I ordered mine last November and am still waiting...:idk:

Are there any downsides to the zippers? Do they allow any cold water in when fully zipped? I'm thinking I might want those zippers on my next suit.

I can't speak to the other ad-ons they offer (they'll do whatever you want on a suit) but the arm and leg zippers are the greatest thing you'll ever put on a drysuit. I have yet to go on a trip where someone didn't comment on how they wish their suit had zippers. It cuts my gear-up time in half and makes donning and removing a breeze. Plus, they help open up the arms and legs more for drying.

To answer your question, no they do not allow water in. The zippers are backed with a thin rubber which allows the sleeve or leg to expand when unzipped but stays watertight otherwise. Coupled with the wrist/ankle seals and you only get the normal wetsuit water intrusion. The zippers are a must.

They have a great product and Connie and Kristi are awesome- busy, but awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom