wetsuits for children

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

susank

New
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to the Galapogos with children and are wondering what we can do to keep them warm while swimming. Is it possible to rent small wet suits childrens size 6 and 10?

We will also need to rent adult size wetsuits but I think that will be easier.

Thanks for any help with this.

How cold is it? I know you can get childrens 3x2 shortys at Academy for most of the year, My kids all have them and wont go lake swimming with out them!

Does your area have a trade-ins, consignment and used sports equipment store? I have annually found fitting wetsuits for my now four and nine year olds.

Temperature in Galapagos taken from the Aggressor Fleet website:

12. What is the water temperature? Will I need a wet suit? The waters of the Galapagos Islands are a unique mixture of warm and cold water, ranging between 65F and 85F, with thermoclines about 65F. We recommend a 1/4" (5mm) wet suit with hood and booties year round.

Aggressor Galapagos

if surface temps are above 75 and they are swimming and not diving then sport store shortys just might do the trick. Another benefit is they are cheap!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom