Wetsuits for Belize June 7-15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcjones01

Reaction score
First trip to San Pedro in a few weeks. Would like some information on what wetsuits to bring. In warm water, Cozumel or St. Thomas, I usually and one in the shorts and lycra rash guard. I have a .5mm Bare suit I use for warm water also.

Do I need something heavier? Anyone have some advice here?

thanks

Your log book is your only best advice.

What were you comfortable wearing in waters that should be between 80-84*, similar to Cozumel at the same time of year.

Factor in your quantity and frequency of repetetive dives.

No one can tell you what to wear. What works for you will not work for Sally.

Last november my wife and I were in San Padro. Water temp was 81f on most dives....one dive on our Turneffe trip got down to 79f on a wall dive. I was fine just wearing a dive skin, my wife who is a bit more cold natured wore the bottom half of her 3mm farmer jane. We did our local diving with Chuck and Robbie (great outfit) and the turneffe elbow trip with Amigos del Mar. Be sure you make it to BC's beach bar for their bbq for lunch on Sunday.

I was in san pedro may of last year and on every single dive I did I was only wearing my swimmin trunks since the water was so warm for me. On one dive two other divers were wearing a 5mm, and on another dive three other divers did the same as me and only wore their swimmin trunks. On most dives the DM only wore a rash guard.

Well ...we were there in March and wore 3/2's with hooded vests. Has to be warmer in June.

'Slogger

I use a skin year-round, and the most people generally use is a 3mm full suit. Temper that with what you know of your own sensitivity to cold.

Water temp should be at least 83 by June. If you are doing a couple of dives a day you should be fine in a skin. I usually do 5 a day and need a 3mm.

I was in Belize on Nekton Pilot May 6-13. Water temp was a constant 83 degrees. Divers wore anything from swim suit up to full 3 mm depending upon their individual tolerance and need for protection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom