wetsuits and pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the original question, (“Does anyone know where i can get a wet suit with a pocket down on the thigh???”) has probably been answered...

Bob3:
$90 for a pair of shorts/pockets, kind of steep.

Northern Diver makes a weight harness that has a pair of removable thigh pockets on the critter, you get the weight harness AND 2 pockets for less than that: http://www.diveshop.co.uk/pages/accessories/buoyancy.html

see "weight and trim" harness.

The "weight and trim II" item I saw at that link costs £60 (British pounds), which is actually more than $90 (US dollars). But back to the thread, I've dived with people who have those X-shorts, and the pockets are really substantial--big enough to hold a reel, a lift bag, wet notes, cutting device, and so on. If my BC didn't have nice big pockets (I have a SeaQuest Diva LX), I'd consider those shorts before sewing pockets on my wetsuits. For one thing, a diver can own different wetsuits for different dive conditions and simply slip the shorts (and the pockets) on with any of them.

And I don't think it matters that the original poster may not need the info any more. These ideas will remain here for some future search. Hasn't each of us, at one time or another, responded to a fairly old thread while crawling through the catacombs of SB with nothing more pressing to do with our time? :wink:

Quero:
The "weight and trim II" item I saw at that link costs £60 (British pounds), which is actually more than $90 (US dollars). But back to the thread, I've dived with people who have those X-shorts, and the pockets are really substantial--big enough to hold a reel, a lift bag, wet notes, cutting device, and so on. If my BC didn't have nice big pockets (I have a SeaQuest Diva LX), I'd consider those shorts before sewing pockets on my wetsuits. For one thing, a diver can own different wetsuits for different dive conditions and simply slip the shorts (and the pockets) on with any of them.

I’m a fan of the X-shorts myself.

Quero:
And I don't think it matters that the original poster may not need the info any more. These ideas will remain here for some future search. Hasn't each of us, at one time or another, responded to a fairly old thread while crawling through the catacombs of SB with nothing more pressing to do with our time? :wink:

Yes, the “ideas will remain here for some future search” and there are MANY threads on SB concerning wetsuit pockets—and guess what, they all contain the same sets of “ideas.”

Anyway, I apologize for pointing out the seemingly obvious (that this thread dated from 2003). Since I have some spare time, I think I’ll go post in a “I want to see a tank explode” thread.

Back
Top Bottom