Wetsuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragon Eye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I'm looking to get a wetsuit (for diving in MN) any comments/suggestions between the Insta-Dry by Henderson or Trilastic 865 by Mares-- most dive around here with 7 mil suit.

thanks!!

I have heard that the Henderson hyperstretch are good if you are a umm....well endowed female....and those help alot to give the extra flexibility and mobility...

i have an Aqualung 7mil that fits like a glove. that surprised me because i am hard to fit.

I've dove everything out there, Henderson cannot be beat for wetsuits in comfort and durablity but you are gonna pay for it but hey, I have a 5mm hyperstretch I have dove for about 8 years with (guessin here) 500 dives on it. Biggest issue with the hyperstretch is you will lose a little in heat retention via the material but I've never gotten cold per se and always been comfortable. My next suit will be the insta-dry.

The Insta Dry and the Mares 865 are both about $240 which is why those are the two picked. So its basically, which one of those two or a similarly priced one to go with.

I tried pretty much everything that is out there... I find two wet suits unbeatable. Right now I dive the Pinnacle Marino-Elastiprene that is not only warm, but incredibly stretchy. My 7mm feels like a 3mm.

My runner up favorite is the new XCel Thermo Berrier. I was given the prototype for testing and I liked it a lot. Also very streachy!

I suggest that you go to your dive shops and rent a few different one and try a few! It is all about you! What fits YOU!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom