wetsuit thickness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving in Thailand since the 1980s. I've never worn a wetsuit. I did wear a wetsuit on one dive in Burma, but that was a night dive with a stiff wind blowing.

Dive all those as well. Water was a bit warmer perhaps but the conditions just as bad.

to confirm what sites out of Phuket (Chalong Pier day boats) did you go? How recent had you dived the sites? I will be diving there next week so wanted to check with you.

Thank you

Shark point, Koh Doc Mai, Anemone Reef, Koh Racha Yai & Noi were all pretty bad.
Did prior to Similans.
It"s been a week now so hopefully improved.

Thank you for the information...yes I sure hope visibility has improved.
Yesterday Racha Noi/Yai were ok. Nothing spectacular, but vis around 15 meters or so, about as bad as it gets at Racha Noi.

Day before Bida Nok was ok up to 12 meters, anything below that was green. Turtle Rock and Palang wall were ok.

got back yesterday from Phuket...very good diving. I decided to wear a full 0.5mm suit which was perfect for the temps and provided protection from the ever popular sea gnats from pestering me. Visibility was good at Racha and Phi Phi. Overall I would say the dives were good and decent amount of various critters for pics and video. Diving is not like going to the zoo it is a crap shoot of what you will see and conditions that can vary day to day. I would come back to the area for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom