Wetsuit seals sticking together...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble_Boy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've had my wetsuit in storage for almost 6 months now and I just took it out last weekend to do a couple dives. At the tip of the arms and legs there are two layers of neoprene forming some sort of seals to be interlaced with gloves and boots. The two layers were stuck together when I took it out of storage.... They all pulled apart except for one of the legs which I ripped when I pulled to hard :-(

Were the storage conditions wrong? Should I fold them out before storing? Should I use baby powder? What's the trick?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I have the same with a pair of gloves that are smooth neoprene inside with no liner or covering. The smooth surfaces stuck together and tore a chunk of neoprene from one side when I tried to get my hand inside.

I store my wetsuits inside out until they dry. Some of my wetsuits seem to be inside out most of the time.

I never store my wet suits folded or rolled up I store them on a thick hanger. In side the house in a closet that we put coats ant store things in . Wet suite can smell some times. And as stated earler use talc on your seals.

Lubrication and patience.

Lubrication and patience.
Have you used this technique or can you give me a site where it is described? Which lubricant--motor oil? mineral oil? WD40?
Thank you for your interest/help.

Baby oil or soapy water do the trick, just wiggle the material untill it unsticks.

Baby oil or soapy water do the trick, just wiggle the material untill it unsticks.
Thank you. Have you had success with this method? If not, where did you hear about it? Again, thx for your interest and f/u.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom