Wetsuit Required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wore my old Bare Ignite 3/2 the week of April 16-23, 2016, did every dive, and was very comfortable. But as noted by others, temperature tolerance is very individual. But there are two rinse showers on the dive platform that have loads of hot water if you need a quick temp adjustment, particularly if it is windy. Have a great week!

3mm should be enough. Water Temps last week were just below 80. No rain. Only a few windy dives.

Some people used hoods, some used a rash guard under their 3mm, some had vests. Some got cold. Some did not.

I was fine in a 3mm full suit that leaked a lot (new suit that still needs a final fitting). It was actually a little too warm on a few dIves.

Well I got back from the trip May 21. I did all 27 dives and was very comfortable in my 3 mil. There were several shorties, 1mils, a board short/rash guard and even a 5 mil diver. Just goes to show that the question I posed is difficult to answer.

Thanks for the update. We'll be on the Caribbean Explorer II trip June 25th (my birthday) until July 2nd. I suspect the temps should be in the low 80's by then. If that's the case then no wetsuit for me.

Back
Top Bottom