wetsuit query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kiki91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi!
I'm a new diver, as in I havent done any diving. However, I am supposed to have my wetsuit. So I went to the only dive shop that is there in the country and tried on 2 wetsuits, the Akona Wetsuit 3mm and the Akona Quantum Stretch Wetsuit 3mm. But as I was trying the Quantum Stretch on, I noticed that the wetsuit got a some creases. And when I removed it, the wetsuit creased up even more. However, it fit really well and the dive shop person told me the creases would go after I dive. So I bought it. But there are a lot of creases, the chest, the back, and on the legs as well. I wanted to ask, is that normal for this wetsuit? Because the same thing did not happen with the Akona Wetsuit.
Please help me:(

Are the creases from where the wetsuit was folded? Those fold creases will disappear after some use. If they are not from folding the wetsuit, I am not sure what they might be.

AKONA

well the wetsuit was only loosely folded from the time it was put into the plastic bag, till the time I reached home, which was about 15 minutes later. As I said, when the guy at the shop gave me the wetsuit to try on, it looked fine, completely new. When I tried it, some creases started coming on. When I removed it, even more creases were formed. Then I gave it to him and since it was inside out, he pulled it out properly and hanged it while I tried the another wetsuit. Then he just folded and put it into the shopping bag. Thing is, now even when I went home and put the wetsuit on again, the creases were still showing. Anyways I am posting pictures of it. Maybe it will help.

Attachments

• 30112009998.jpg
    30112009998.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 128
  • 301120091003.jpg
    301120091003.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 301120091004.jpg
    301120091004.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 109
well, I havent used it. I just got it yesterday. I'm hanging it on a big plastic hanger in my closet. But if the fold creases will be disappearing over time, then I guess thats good. Thanks a lot for your help.:glad:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom