wetsuit Hood w/ Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SilverNU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is it ok to wear a wetsuit hood (one that usually tucks under the wetsuit over the shoulders) with a Drysuit??

I would have to leave out the lower part of the hood out of the Drysuit.. Im assuming under my BC..

Would this cause too much distraction or in anyway not a good idea?

I do it all the time, my wetsuit hood is actually more comfortable than my drysuit hood and keeps me plenty warm that way even in sub 50 degree waters.

I do it all the time when wearing a wetsuit. I noticed that tucking it under the suit actually allows for more water to trickle inside and chokes me a bit so I just tuck it under the BC. It may not look very pretty but it works well for me.

I'm not a fan of that idea. If you have a runaway inflator, you want to have quick/easy access to the neck seal to release enough air (faster than your exhaust valve).

On the other hand, if you practice getting your hand to the seal often enough that it is done as fast as the other guy with a DS hood, why not? Unfortunately, most don't retrain themselves to perform a task just because they switched a piece of equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom