Wetsuit for tall men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Im 6'6 and about 175+/- lbs. and im in the market of getting wetsuit. the only problem is i cant find a xtall suit that is made for a 175lbs man all of them are for 205+.
im looking at pinnacle for one at a lds and he said he can have one made for just me for about 500$. has anyone ever had one made for them and how did it turn out?
thanks chris

Captain CaveMan:
Im 6'6 and about 175+/- lbs. and im in the market of getting wetsuit. the only problem is i cant find a xtall suit that is made for a 175lbs man all of them are for 205+.
im looking at pinnacle for one at a lds and he said he can have one made for just me for about 500$. has anyone ever had one made for them and how did it turn out?
thanks chris

My first wetsuit was a custom made one, and man was it the best fitting wetsuit I ever had. Then I got married and didn't dive for a few years, when I tried to wear it again, I couldn't even get it up to my waist. If you can afford the extra cost of a custom made suit, I would highly recommend it.

Hi, give Carolyn at www.liquidfit.com Her prices are comparable to a quality rack suit. All of my suits are from LF and I love everyone of them. Good luck to you

Captain CaveMan:
thanks chris

For a 2 PC 7mm custom expect to be somewhere in the $400s.

I think Atlan has an edge on cold water suits. Find a local dealer and get measured by them. It gives you better odds over being measured at home.
http://atlaninc.com/docs/suits.html
My wife dives the TAHOE set done in all 7mm

If you're not an off the rack person then custom is by all means the way to go. If you don't have a good fit then you have nothing when it comes to wetsuits.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom